and his might, and the wonders that he has done."
— Psalm 78:4 (ESV) —
Children and Family Ministry
The Children and Family Ministry exists to join with parents in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the next generation in earnest hope that they will be united to Christ by faith and live for His glory both now and forever.
Vacation Bible School
Updates (Coming Soon)
We will continue to proclaim the biblical gospel to children and families, calling each to walk with Jesus by faith, and striving to better equip them in this endeavor. Specifically, we intend to develop a variety of family equipping classes including: Your Child's Profession of Faith, Family Worship, Parenting, Spiritual Disciplines, Bible Basics, Baptism and The Lord's Supper, and more.
There are a variety of ways to serve in the DSC children’s ministry on Sunday mornings. Some of the opportunities for service are as follows:
- Preschool and Elementary Class Lead Teacher
- Preschool and Elementary Class Teacher Assistant
- Parent Pager team
- Ministry Team Leader
- Music Team – Elementary Assembly
- Tech Team – Elementary Assembly
The opportunities to serve in the special events childcare are as follows:
- 1 and 2 Year Old Class
- 3 and 4 Year Old Class (Lead Teacher and Teacher Assistants)
The primary way to serve within the Parent Pager ministry is to serve on our child/volunteer check-in/out team. These opportunities to serve exist on Sunday mornings as well as during our special events childcare.
Vacation Bible School (VBS) is an annual event, but requires a lot of planning and work ahead of the event.
Each year we need more than 200 volunteers to serve the hundreds of children that join us for this action-packed, gospel-centered week. There are many ways to serve within the VBS ministry, and some of these ways are as follows:
- The lead planning team, known as the core committee, who are responsible for the overall execution of VBS. This team works for many months ahead of VBS with curriculum, volunteers, team leaders, classroom teachers, promotion, website, registration, etc.
- Team leaders for each specific ministry team such as, drama, music, games, Bible storyteller, decorations, missions, crafts, snacks, safety, technical, etc. This team works diligently for a couple of months leading up to VBS.
- Classroom teachers and assistants. This team, especially the lead teacher can expect to focus on prep for about a month ahead of VBS.
- Team Volunteers (Adults and Youth)
Children and Families Pastor